Mindfun’s Top 10 Colouring Tips
Posted on 20 July 2016
So you’ve scanned the site, picked your favourite design and waited patiently for your very first Mindfun pack. But now that you have your design what colours will you use? Where will you start? Here at Mindfun Towers not only do we provide the best quality, beautiful designs but we also know how to look after our customers and social followers!
So to put your mind at ease and to ensure that you create your own beautiful piece of art to wear we have put together the only colouring guide you should be reading the Mindfun Top 10 Colouring Tips.
- It is a good idea to colour one area of the design and move to a completely different section. If two areas next to each other have wet ink, they can bleed and ruin the design.
- Find a quiet, comfortable spot for the ultimate relaxation and mindful experience. Don’t forget to grab something that you can use as a flat surface to rest your Mindfun tee on.
- Test out your pens before using them. You can use the Mindfun information card to test your colouring skills.
- After decorating the t-shirt, grab an iron and iron on the back of the shirt to set the colour. All Mindfun tees are machine washable at 60C.
- One of our most important tips would be to take your time, you wouldn’t want to rush and ruin your design. As the saying goes all good things come to those who wait!
- Slip your instruction card inside the t-shirt and use it as a handy guide to stop the ink bleeding through to the back of the t-shirt. Don’t forget to pull the fabric tight to get the best results.
- Keep things light. Try not to press on too hard with your pens, if you press on lightly you can build up the colour gradually and add shade and tone to your design.
- Practise colouring in your design by downloading a printable version here.
- Watch colouring tutorials – we would suggest Mama Geek’s Mindfun colouring tutorial or our own introduction to Mindfun colouring.
- Share your finished designs with the Mindfun community on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and get tips and hints from other Mindfun users.
Now that you have all the tips that you will need to complete your Mindfun designs you can now sit back relax and start to colour.